I am the kind of person who is passionate about every single thing I do. I am also a bit of a perfectionist.
I like passing on all the knowledge I have to others, especially if it is for their benefit. I am tenacious and I enjoy challenges, so I do my very best to help a person until their problems are solved. I treat each individual learner differently, paying special attention to their needs, learning style and goals.
• 2013-2017: ND: Electrical Engineering (H/C), Durban University of Technology
• Currently studying towards a BTech in Electrical Engineering.
• I was part of the SAMSTIP programme in 2016.
• Subject award from the Department of Education.
• Being part of a student exchange programme to the UK.
• Winning the MRP Red Cap foundation research competition based on climate change.
I have been a Mathematics and Computer Applications Technology tutor since High School and I have a genuine passion for teaching. I currently tutor and help High School learners in my neighbourhood for free.
I studied Physical Science at a university level which broadened my knowledge and overall understanding of the subject area.
I achieved a Distinction at Matric level for this subject. I am confident in my ability to assist.
I have a subject award in isiZulu. I regularly do research on isiZulu language development and ways to teach isiZulu. I have plenty resources to properly teach isiZulu to any learner. I believe learning this particular official language is crucial.
Philisiwe will travel up to 30km from Dawncliffe, Westville, KwaZulu-Natal to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR